Tuesday, June 17, 2008

One of those weeks....random facts and realizations.


It has been one of those weeks....I was sick, Jeff was out of town and I had a lot of time on my hands...so I had realizations and random facts come to me (and I was bored....sorry).

* You have to burn nearly 3,500 calories in order to lose 1 pound of weight!!!

* Chewing gum while cutting onions will prevent crying .

* I never read what was on the Barnes & Noble sack until today.....and I didn't know what book all of the quotes were from.

* Only 1 child in 20 are born on the day predicted by the doctor.

* More food is thrown out each day in the United States than is needed to feed its hungry . . . by McDonalds.

* One of the deadliest occupations is fishing for crabs!

* Cows actually have four stomachs.

* The tallest mountain in the world is NOT Mt. Everest....it is actually located under the seas.

* It takes seven minutes for sunlight to reach earth.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The one about the food that's thrown out is sad.

And look at your pretty nails!

Sarah said...

That picture is so YOU

Kayla said...

Cute picture!