Thursday, November 20, 2008

Thrilling day at the Walters House....


Not! Today was house cleaning day (and boy did it need it)! While I was cleaning, Molly (my Yorkie) kept barking and carrying on like a crazy person (dog I guess). Everytime I would get to the front door, I never saw anything. Finally I was curious enough, I decided to camp out and watch (hey, it was more entertaining than the house cleaning was). After a minute or so, I found the culprit. A squirrel was running up and down my front steps and taunting my poor dogs. He would stand there until I would appear and then run off, then reappear and taunt some more. We have a pecan tree in the front yard and it basically feeds the squirrels of Wichita....so we have a few squirrels around. Most of them are usually scared of the dogs, but not this little taunter. I have even caught her at my door staring the poor dogs down (and I know its the same squirrel because it makes for a better story!). Ha! So, that was my thrilling day. It was too chilly to be outside and the house was dirty....so my entertainment was two dogs and a squirrel.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think that photo of your dogs at the door is adorable.