This morning I heard some sad news. It was a reality check that made me really step back and look at what I have, what I've been given and how blessed I truly am. All day today, small things that once appeared simple and basic took on new meanings. So, I wanted to (for my sake mostly) to name some of those items that I am thankful for.
* I am blessed to have a home that is warm and welcoming and safe for me to rest my head each and every day.
* I am thankful for my telephone. I am not known for being someone who likes to gab on the phone, but every time it rings, I know that someone is thinking of me and actually wants to talk to me.
* I am so thankful that I have a man in my life that is a good person, who is generous and thoughtful and simply a blessing in my life.
* I am glad that I have a family, as crazy as they are sometimes that are always there for me even in my worst of moods.
* I am so blessed to have a church home. They have always been there in my most thrilling moments and the worst of my times. They are an extension of my family and God placed them in my life at an early age. I am so thankful that I have that in my life, because I do not know what I would do without them.
* God has given me true friends. I always joke that I may not have hundreds of friends, but the handful that I do have are the best and most genuine of friends. Some have known me forever and some have come in the recent years. I know that without a doubt, they are there for me and I am there for them.
Alright, I wrote more than I meant to (its just like me to talk and talk and talk and not know when to stop!). I am just thankful, for what I have, for what I don't have and for all of the in betweens.