Friday, January 29, 2010

It happened....

Several years ago (like 3 I think), I had lasik surgery on both eyes. Prior to the surgery I was "legally blind"...I had bad bad eyes. I had been in glasses since I was in elementary school and lenses since 6th grade because my eye sight was so horrible and going down hill fast. After the lasik surgery I had 20/20 vision and it was amazing. Well....one of the possible symptoms to pregnancy is vision changes. Sometimes the vision will correct itself afterwards and sometimes it doesn't. In my case, it didn't. I had been putting the eye doctor off because I didn't want to face the truth. So, my vision has changed. My eye doctor said that I will never be as bad as I once was...but that glasses would help me see a little better. So, I have glasses again. I think they are super cute and I still function fine without them so it isn't soooo bad! Just another adjustment after Mattie Kay has arrived! I think she is worth it though.

6 comments:

Donna said...

Those are super cute. I had problems with my eyes too after my pregnancy and have to have glasses too. I only need mine for night and at theatres or reading the big screen at church.

Sara said...

Wow! That is interesting. I always wondered how often pregnancy affects vision afterwards. I had Lifetime corrections as part of my Lasik plan, did you? Cute glasses though.

Andrea Kay said...

That is so bizarre that pregnancy changes vision! But back when I got my lasik they made sure I wasn't planning on getting pregnant for at least 6 months...makes sense now! Sara, I do not have lifetime corrections. I believe to have them corrected, its $200 but if there is any chance of having another baby (which I am not saying we are)...then it would probably change my vision again....

Kelly T said...

Very fun! They look great!... but of course you would look stinking cute in anything you chose.

I've always heard to wait until you're done having babies to have lasik... now I know why! But $200 for correction doesn't seem too bad. I can't wait for my Lasik days!!

Andrea Kay said...

You gotta stop having kids first Kel!LOL

D's Mom said...

Andrea, your comment to Kelly made me laugh out loud.

You are adorable and your glasses are cute!