Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Today....



Today was a big day for us both. Mattie Kay had her shots (5 of them)....and she took them like a little trooper.

But today, today I "felt" like a mom. When she hurt, I hurt. When she cried, I cried harder. When she needed me, I needed her more. When She finally took a deep breath and smiled, I smiled with her. Today was a big day.

Mattie Kay weighed 11 pounds and 2 ounces and is 23 inches long....she is getting big so fast! Tonight was my first time to leave her with someone other than Jeff for more than a few minutes. Jeff and I had date night. Steve & Cindy Tandy insisted on watching her and she did wonderfully. Not only did she have a great night, but that was even after her day of shots! It really was a big day!

5 comments:

Donna said...

Look at you mom, way to go! Love the picture. I hate shot day too. I actually prefer them at that age now because when I take Addison to get hers she now follows it up with "Mommy, let's not come back here ever again cuz I don't like shots."

Sara said...

Awww. What a nice report! When I read your FB status, I thought, yep, that about sums up the meaning of "mom". Glad Mattie took them like a champ and you had a fun date night!

Kelly T said...

Love it. There's just something so special about the relationship between Momma and baby girl.

D's Mom said...

Adorable photo!!

(and your hair is gorgeous!)

Andrea Kay said...

Ahh your sweet Katie...but I just chopped my hair...so it no longer looks like that! Ha!