Monday, April 12, 2010

A blink of an eye...


Seven years ago, I lost my mom to cancer. When I stop to think about that day, it always feels like it just happened. I can relive every sight, sound and smell that day. These seven years have passed in the blink of an eye. Her daughter married, she has two beautifully amazing granddaughters, and she has greeted new family members and friends in heaven. Even though this life on earth continues to move, we all still miss her dearly.



As I begin this new adventure as a mother to a little baby girl, I can honestly say that I will always look to my mom and what she would do if she were still here. Not a day passes when I look at Mattie and wish that she had her grandma here and I had a mom to lean on. I had the very best example I could ever have hoped for in her and pray that as the next seven years and many more pass, I can try to be as good as she was as a mom. Today we miss her just like every other day. But I do not mourn her, I celebrate her life that she lived here and look forward to seeing her again one day.

4 comments:

Donna said...

I am sorry to hear that. I love this post because it was a beautiful tribute. Praying for you today.

D's Mom said...

Your post gave me goosebumps. It is beautifully written!

Your mom was an amazing woman and I know she is so missed....I'm so glad you will get to see her in heaven someday!

Kelly T said...

Very nice, Andrea. Your mom was a wonderful woman... and might I add how obvious it was that she felt equally blessed to have you as a daughter!

I still just LOVE that picture of you two. So perfect and happy... how your heaven will be someday!!

Damon and Amy said...

Beautifully written Andrea and I LOVE that picture of you two.