Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Mommy is a little slow sometimes....

Mattie had her 6 month check up last week and we got the green light to start trying some meats in addition to the fruits and veggies she is already feasting on! The pediatrician keeps telling me to try the same food for 3 to 7 days before moving on to the next one. Me being, well me....I thought it was to let her tummy get used to the new foods and introduce them slowly. Nope, I was wrong. The sweet peas that we have eaten the past two days finally made sense. She got a tummy rash from the peas so we will have to stop having those for a while. It never struck me that I was introducing foods slowly to see if there was a food allergy or not. Duh. Well, now I know! And its unfortunate because she really really liked the peas. The diaper changing squad didn't so much because of what they did to the diapers! I guess this being my first kid, its okay to be a little slow (as long as I don't seriously damage her :).

2 comments:

Donna said...

You crack me up. You seriously damage your child, ha! I had to deal with food allergies with Addison. She was allergic to oats. I didn't know that at our church (not Northside) they were giving her cheerios and she was having reactions to everything so at 6 mo we had to stop and start all over with cereal again. Ugh! Hang in there momma, you are doing great!

D's Mom said...

You are NOT slow. And you're doing a great job!!

Poor Mattie that she won't get to eat sweet peas anymore!